A place to molest people with cool music news, gear, shows, pictures, etc.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

2006 - Aaaah What A Year

Well here it is... My list of the 10 songs most burned up in my iTunes in '06. It was a little easier of a list to do than the top albums, so I did it first. I learned that in college!

10. Tool - Jambi
... The guitar licks on this song are incredible. Well done, sir.

9. FatLip - The Bass Line
... Today's your day! Whatcha gonna do! I'm a long time fan of Pharcyde and FatLip came through with his solo album. Props!

8. Peaches - Boys Wanna Be Her
... As always some catchy riffs and lyrics. And yes that was me suckin' on her titties actin' like I wanted some.

7. Mogwai - Glasgow Mega-Snake
... The up-tempo rockers on a Mogwai album are fairly few and far between, but this one does it. I really dig this album (Mr. Beast) and it will probably make it on my top album list too.

6. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Phenomena
... Even if Karen O lifted the chorus from a classic De La Sol song, it still rocks.

5. Peeping Tom - Mojo
... This is somewhat of a stretch for Mike Patton to write some catchy lyrics over polished beats, but you can't deny it. I like about 82% of what Patton puts out, but this album (Self Titled) is badass in its entirety.

4. Wolf Parade - Shine A Light
... This is a great song and rockd' at the live show as well. I dig this album (Apologies to the Queen Mary) and realize it was a late '05 release, but I didn't hear it until '06 and it's my list goddamnit!

3. The Twilight Singers - I'm Ready
... This is the 2006 anthem. Greg Dulli is the man and put on a great show at The Parish here in Austin this year.

2. Ween - Gabrielle
.... This song is the very definition of "Rockin' Out With The Cock Out". Turn that shit up!


1. The Mars Volta - Vermicide
... This is a fucking great song and if you don't agree, then treat yourself to a bowl of dicks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home